- All drivers must be between 25 and 73 years of age and have held a full driving licence for the relevant vehicle for more than 5 years prior to the start of the hire.
- Driver’s licences must be free of endorsements, except minor speeding or parking offences points / endorsements maybe subject to extra charges for insurance.
- Drivers who passed their driving test after 1996 may be restricted to the weight of the Motorhome which they can hire, unless they have C1 classification on their licence. Please telephone to check for details.
- All drivers must produce a photocopy of their photocard licence at the time of reservation, and subsequently produce the original licence, along with 2 forms of identification at the time of hire.
- Overseas drivers must produce a valid unendorsed domestic licence or international driving permit.
- Any additional drivers will incur an additional charge for insurance and must meet the same criteria as described above, including the requirement of driving licences and identification. Such forms of identification include current / valid passports, bank / building society statements or utility bills (dated within 3 months of the hire date) and are required at the time of reservation.
- Fully comprehensive insurance is required for the hire of the Motorhome and is automatically included within the cost of the hire.
- The insurance is valid only for the hire period; therefore any late return would constitute a road traffic offence for non insured vehicle use under the Road Traffic Act. Invalid insurance means the driver and main hirer become personally liable for any accident damage to the vehicle, third party properties and third party personal injuries.
- Insurance cover is for the vehicle and equipment only. Personal possessions are not covered and hirers are advised to take out holiday insurance.
- £500 damage deposit is payable at the start of the hire. £1000 damage deposit MAYBE required if the vehicle is attending a Music Festival or Sports Event.
- If the vehicle is returned in good condition, undamaged and no excesses are to be added the full deposit will be returned. Should the condition of the vehicle be otherwise, then repairs, cleaning etc, will be charged against the deposit.
- If the vehicle is damaged due to the negligence of the hirer (so no other person is involved) the hirer will be responsible for the FULL cost of any repairs. Such damage could include damage to bumpers, wing mirrors, external and internal components of the Motorhome.
- Hirers who are planning to holiday abroad will need to notify us before the hire, as extra insurance and breakdown cover is required. This is subject to an additional fee.
- Motorhomes carry a £1500 Insurance excess of which you may be liable up to the full amount if the damage is over this amount.
- Select the vehicle from the web site. Please note that the vehicle supplied may not match those illustrated on the web site
- Select departure date
- Telephone or e-mail to confirm availability and advise us of any special requirements
- Complete the booking form and return with a cheque / debit / credit card for £250.00 for the deposit.
- Please note that FULL payment is required 4 weeks before the start of the hire period.
- Should the hirer cancel the booking the company will endeavour to re-hire the vehicle. If successful, the amount paid will be refunded, less an administration charge of £50.00.
- However, if the vehicle is not re-hired, the hirer is liable for the deposit and any hire costs all ready paid.
- Hirers are strongly advised to take out travel insurance against such eventualities.
- Kent Motorhome Rentals reserve the right to cancel the booking before the start of the hire if the named drivers licence is invalid or do not comply with the information on the booking form. In this case you will forfeit the booking deposit and hire charges already paid.
Collection and Returns
- Weekly hire is Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday. Vehicles are available for collection from 14.00 – 16.00 and returned between 09.00 and 11.00, unless otherwise arranged in writing.
- Subject to availability weekend / mid week hires are available. Please call us for details.
- Failure to meet these requirements will result in the hirer being charged at the rate of £50.00 per hour for the first 3 hours and the balance of the deposit thereafter along with the subsequent costs to Kent Motorhome Rentals. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR EARLY RETURNS.
- On collection, the hirer will acknowledge the delivery of the vehicle, free of any damage and complete other than specified by the Company. The hirer is advised to thoroughly check the vehicle, before leaving the Company premises.
- On return, the Company representative will check for damage, cleanliness, condition of the tyres and windscreen, which are NOT included within the company insurance and are such the hirer’s responsibility. Failure to return the vehicle in a clean condition will incur a charge.
- A charge of £50.00 will be made for un-emptied chemical toilets tanks.
- Kent Motorhome Rentals accept NO responsibility for replacement vehicle costs or any other cost arising from Motorhome breakdown, fair wear and tear, accident or other such related causes. All accidents must be reported immediately by telephoning the Motorhome Hire centre.
- The Hirer will be liable for all speeding, parking fines, congestion charges or any other offences against The Road Traffic Act.
- The hirer will be responsible for any overhead damage resulting from an accident. Overhead damage is defined as in excess of 6 feet from the ground level.
- Damage to windscreen,tyres and punctures are the hirers’ responsibility. You are required to check tyre pressures and oil levels as specified in the owners manual.
- The hirer is responsible to keep the motorhome under their control throughout the hire period. It must be locked at ALL TIMES that it is unattended.
- Kent Motorhome rental can accept no liability for replacement vehicle
costs, travel or accommodation costs or consequential losses from a
breakdown or accident.
- Kent Motorhome rental will make every effort to make sure your reserved
Motorhome is ready on time, but in circumstances beyond our control where
the vehicle is not available and a suitable alternative is unavailable our
liability will be limited to refunding the payments made
- Mileage Allowance Please speak to us about your travel plans as we include 700 miles per week mileage allowance but we do have to charge 0.15pence per mile thereafter so to prevent either of us getting a nasty shock on your return inform us before travelling.
- In the unlikely event that the Motorhome should breakdown, the vehicle is covered by the relevant breakdown cover. The hirer is authorised to spend up to £100 on repairs. This will be repaid on return of the vehicle, if a VAT receipt is obtained. The cost of repairs more than £100 will have to be authorised by Kent Motorhome Rentals.
- We have a strict NO Smoking policy in our Motorhomes. Any evidence of smoking in our Motorhome will incur a £250.00 surcharge.
Deposit on collection
- A £500 deposit will be taken on collection of the motorhome but you could be responsible for £1000 excess if damage etc is over £500 (deposit).
PLEASE NOTE OUR PEAK SEASON REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 7 DAYS CHARGE, KENT MOTORHOME RENTALS PEAK SEASON STARTS 23RD MAY AND ENDS 17TH SEPTEMBER, OUT OF THESE TIMES IS CLASSED AS OUR OFF PEAK SEASON AND IS ONLY A MINIMUM OF A 3 DAY CHARGE.